The Office of Open Records is hosting a “Basics of the Sunshine Act” webinar on Wednesday, September 22 at 10 a.m. This webinar will cover the basic information about the Pennsylvania Sunshine Act that every public official needs to know. Additional discussion will include the recent amendment to the Sunshine Act, SB554 signed by Governor Wolf, requiring state government agencies, local municipalities, and school district to post agendas no later than 24 hours before the start of a meeting. The session will be hosted by George Spiess, and is open for questions from attendees.
The PowerPoint presentation is available here: https://www.openrecords.pa.gov/Documents/Basics_SunshineAct_Webinar.pptx.
The webinar is conducted via Skype and you will be asked to download a small application. Please test the link prior to the webinar and speak with your IT department if you encounter issues. Watch the webinar by visiting: https://meet.lync.com/pagov/ra-dcoortraining/08SFCCF8.
You may also listen to the webinar audio by joining via telephone at (267) 332-8737. The Conference ID is 783481875.
Additionally, the OOR has scheduled the following webinars:
- September 29 at 10 a.m. – Right to Know Law For Law Enforcement
- October 6 at 10 a.m. - Records Management and Electronic Records Best Practices
- October 13 at 10 a.m. – Submitting Evidence in an OOR Appeal
- October 20 at 10 a.m. – Right to Know Law and Payment Issues
- October 27 at 10 a.m. – Laws that Protect Information